Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kelis goes old school on new track



I've been waiting for Kelis to release something new for what appears to be too long. Her last album Flesh Tone was an amazing dance album, and I can honestly say I liked each and every one of the songs on the album. So, when I heard there is a new Kelis track on the web, I was excited to hear it. And after I listened to it, I am not sure how I feel about it. I expected that Kelis will continue in the same direction, stick to the dance genre, but she did a one-eighty and returned to the type of music she first did when she came on to the scene. I don't dislike her previous music, but I really feel Kelis fits perfectly in the dance genre. Yes, Milkshake, Bossy and all the other previous songs were great, but Acapella and 4th of July were iconic. So when I heard Jerk Ribs I was confused to say the least. It's good, Kelis' voice is still great, there are horns in the song, but I am not sure if this is the direction I wanna see Kelis going in for the next album. Maybe it will take me a few spins to actually see how good this song is. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment