Monday, April 29, 2013

Little Boots marches back under the spotlight


It's been exactly four years since Little Boots released her debut album Hands. I remember what a wind of fresh air this girl was. Her songs sounded just too cool and they were catchy as hell. But she never was a huge success she deserves to be. Now, she is back with her second album, and a video for the fourth single from that album. When I first heard Broken Record, I wasn't so much into it. It was cool, but I never gave it a second spin. Now that the video is here, and I hear the song again, I have to say, I was mistaken. There is something about this song, something you can't point your finger to, but it makes the song stand out. Maybe it's the cool beats or (again) a catchy chorus. Not sure, but I actually like the song very much. It's still not New In Town or Meddle, but it's close. I am glad Little Boots is back, and I sure hope she will have the chart success she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment