Saturday, April 27, 2013

Andre 3000's and Beyonce's version of Back To Black isn't so bad


It's finally here. Ever since it was announced that Beyonce and Andre 3000 would cover Amy Winehouse's hit Back To Black, everyone was eager to hear how that would turn out. A snippet was made available a couple of days ago, and the critics weren't blown away. Now that the full song is here, they are still underwhelmed. The few reviews I have read have really bashed the song. So, I expected the song to be bad. But after hearing it for the first time, I have to say it actually isn't. It's pretty good to be honest. Yes, it is not as good as the original, but in its own way this version is nice. I really like the slow and smooth beat and Beyonce's sexy voice. Even Andre, who I don't like very much, is good here. It will take me a few more spins to give my final opinion, but for now, I really think this cover was done nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment