Saturday, May 4, 2013

Emeli Sande's cover of Crazy In Love is crazy cool


So the latest song from The Great Gatsby OST that hit the web is Emeli Sande's cover of Beyonce's iconic song Crazy In Love. At first I was sceptical when I heard which song Emeli would cover. She has a great voice and cool songs, but c'mon, covering an RnB gem like Crazy In Love? I wasn't sure she could pull it off. And she proved me wrong. The cover is surprisingly cool and unexpectedly good. At least from my point of view. Emeli made a swing cover of the song, and trumpets can be heard throughout the entire song. It's the type of song you would here a couple of decades ago in those big American salons. It really pulls you back in time. I am still shocked at how Emeli pulled this one off. She really proved herself in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment