Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Saturdays play dress up in new video


The highly-hyped video for Gentleman is here. After lots of sneak peaks and gifs, the video premiered last night. While I expected more of a story in the video, I have to say even without one it is pretty cool. The whole video reminds us of a Desperate Housewives promo video and while that's not a bad thing, I expected a bit more originality from the girls. The body doubles they hired after several auditions are not seen so clearly in the video, so I don't see why they went through so much trouble to find them. I thought the body doubles would play the girls throughout the entire video, and The Saturdays would be only the guys. Guess I was wrong. And while most are complaining the girls are trying too hard to win over the US market by rapping, reenacting desperate housewives and mentioning only US celebrities in the rap part (with the exception of Robert Pattinson), I really see no harm in that, and I fully enjoy this funky little number hoping it will be their next No1.

No comments:

Post a Comment